We will not usually support the following – if in doubt, please contact the Trust Secretary to discuss your project.
- Retrospective funding
- Statutory bodies (including Education/Health)
- Places of worship/promoting religion
- Individuals or expeditions
- Animal/Wildlife/Heritage/Environmental causes
- Museums and Art Galleries
- National Charities (with exceptions made for projects involving local volunteers/staff)
Whether your application is successful or not, we advise that you wait for a year before applying to the Trust again.
In any one year the Trust receives many more applications for funding than it can afford to support. The Trustees go to considerable lengths to ensure that every appeal for funding, that is within our stated funding guidelines, receives a full and fair hearing. Any applicants or beneficiaries who feel that they have a grievance against the Trust should write to the Chair of Trustees (marked Private & Confidential) who will respond following a period of consultation.
Mr Philip Hoyle
Chair of Trustees
The Frieda Scott Charitable Trust
Stricklandgate House, 92 Stricklandgate